I read some books this year. Check them out.
- Peter and the Starcatchers – Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson
- Forgotten – Catherine McKenzie
- Guitar Notes – Mary Amato
- Just One Day – Gayle Forman
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight – Jennifer E Smith
- Splintered – A.G. Howard
- A Visit from the Goon Squad – Jennifer Egan
- The Wrap-Up List – Steven Arntson
- Drama – Raina Telgemeier
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell
- Attachments – Rainbow Rowell
- Who Done It? – ed. by Jon Scieszka
- Requiem – Lauren Oliver
- Anya’s Ghost – Vera Brosgol
- Friends with Boys – Faith Erin Hicks
- War at Ellsmere – Faith Erin Hicks
- Trickets – Kirsten Smith
- Graffiti Moon – Cath Crowley
- The One and Only Ivan – Katherine Applegate
- The Geography of Girlhood – Kirsten Smith
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? – Maria Semple
- This is What Happy Looks Like – Jennifer E Smith
- Winger – Andrew Smith
- Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong – Faith Erin Hicks & Prudence Shen
- You Look Different in Real Life – Jennifer Castle
- Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia – Jenny Torres Sanchez
- All the Summer Girls – Meg Donohue
- Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin – Liesl Shurtliff
- The Moon and More – Sarah Dessen
- Blankets – Craig Thompson
- The Book of Broken Hearts – Sarah Ockler
- Doll Bones – Holly Black
- The Next Best Thing – Jennifer Weiner
- The Engagements – J. Courtney Sullivan
- Uses for Boys – Erica Scheidt
- Don’t Turn Around – Michelle Gagnon
- Starglass – Phoebe North
- In the Bag – Kate Klisse
- Wild Awake – Hilary T. Smith
- When You Were Here – Daisy Whitney
- The Longest Holiday – Paige Toon
- The Infinite Moment of Us – Lauren Myracle
- The Beginning of Everything – Robyn Schneider
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
- The Vow – Jessica Martinez
- The History of You & Me – Amanda Grace
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Monster on the Hill – Rob Harrell
- Johnny’s GIrl – Paige Toon
- Horde – Ann Aguire
- Will & Whit – Laura Lee Gulledge
- Spring Awakening – Steven Sater
- Little Fish – Ramsey Beyer
- Year One – Ramsey Beyer
- Battling Boy – Paul Pope
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Reece Malcolm List – Amy Spalding
- Going Vintage – Lindsey Leavitt
- Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth – Jenny McCarthy
Though not a published book, I’m also counting my friend Joe’s adult fiction manuscript because it was wonderful, and is currently in search of an agent. So, 60 books! Yay!
If I like an author, I will immediately read everything else they’ve written (or illustrated, in regards to graphic novelists).
Speaking of, this was the year of graphic novels for me. And, not surprisingly, YA books. For the library, I’m on the summer reading booklist committee, so I have to read a bunch to see what might be a great fit for our list. Thus, quite a few listed. I might not have read them on my own, so I’m glad I was asked to check them out. And that led to my newfound love of coming-of-age graphic novels.
It’s really neat looking at my list and seeing friends on it (hi, Panera crew). And books my agent represents. And books my editor edited. So proud!
All said, my adult reading was very light this year. Whoops? I wondered what my ratio was, so I’ve decided to make a pie chart for my 2013 reads. Observe!
I guess to make up for this, the two books i’m currently reading are both non-fiction.
I’m happy to say that i’ve enjoyed all books read this year. Some I absolutely adored and will remain top books in my heart for a while.
And now, I look forward to what 2014 will bring!
What were your reading habits for 2013? Read anything great that you think I should check out? Let me know – I love recommendations!